follow site ICDS is the leading think-tank in Estonia specialising in foreign policy, security and defence issues. We aim to be the regional knowledge hub of first choice for the security and defence communities of Estonia, its allies and partners.
ICDS’ mission is to:
• Strengthen Estonia’s security and defence sector by identifying and analysing national security and defence challenges and proposing policy solutions;
• Sharpen strategic thinking in NATO and the EU on security issues that affect the Nordic-Baltic region by offering timely and high-quality analysis and policy recommendations;
• Contribute to enhancing Estonia’s intellectual role within NATO and the EU by developing forward-looking and innovative policy ideas and strategic solutions for the common European and transatlantic security and defence agenda;
• Raise public awareness and stimulate public debate on security, defence and foreign policy matters.
In pursuit of its mission, ICDS:
• Conducts research;
• Organises a major annual foreign policy event – the Lennart Meri Conference (LMC);
• Organises the Annual Baltic Conference on Defence (ABCD);
• Organises Estonian National Defence Courses;
• Publishes a monthly foreign affairs magazine Diplomaatia, and
• Conducts various outreach activities.
Chairman of the Board
Members of the Board
Chairman, Foreign Affairs Committee, Estonian Parliament
Security adviser to the President of the Republic of Estonia
follow Indrek Sirp
Director for National Security and Defence Coordination, Government Office of the Republic of Estonia
Permanent Undersecretary, Ministry of Finance
General Riho Terras
Commander of the Estonian Defence Forces